Karen Aston, Texas Longhorns Women’s Basketball Head Coach

Coach Brendan Suhr is joined by the Head Coach of the Texas Longhorns Women’s Basketball Team, Karen Aston. Coach Aston shares how humbled and gracious she was to return to Texas as the Head Coach and what she learned as an assistant coach under Jody Conradt. She also discusses what she has found to be the best approach to coaching each of her players, advice to assistant coaches trying to climb the ladder, the strength of the Big 12 Conference as well as an inside look at her team this season and how she manages her program day to day as they compete to be the best. All that and more on Episode 125 of the Coaching U Podcast with Coach Brendan Suhr!

Read More

Recent Tweets

  • "It always seems impossible, until it's done." - Nelson Mandela
  • "We have to be the best version of ourselves. If we do that everything will take care of itself." – John Calipari
  • "If you work hard and you play well, all those critics quiet themselves pretty quickly." – Peyton Manning
  • Coach Brendan Suhr's #PlayOfTheWeek: "Deep Corner" 📺 To WAT@brendansuhruhr break down this play and explain the twitter.com/i/web/status/1…KO2Ft
  • “90% of coaching is creating an environment, through force of personality. The other 10% involves strategy.” - Steve Kerr
  • "This is the bottom line: We win or lose together. Great teams embrace responsibility. It's that simple." – Mike Krzyzewski
  • "Work as hard as you can to become as good an individual player as you can to help your team win" - Doug Collins
  • “Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.”  – Magic Johnson
  • "The more concerned we become over the things we can't control, the less we will do with the things we can control." – John Wooden
  • "The more things we can get kids to do correctly off the court, the more they will do correctly on the court" - Mike Jarvis

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This